Did you know? Drinking a glass of milk a day reduces the risk of getting “gout”

Browse By

Many people think that gout comes from eating too much chicken. Which makes many people only be careful about eating chicken. In fact, the cause of gout does not come directly from eating chicken, but from the level of “uric acid” in the body that is too high.

Did you know? Drinking a glass of milk a day reduces the risk of getting “gout”

But if you really want to avoid gout, recommends “drinking milk.” How does milk help reduce the chances of getting gout? Let’s read the doctor’s advice!

“Gout” is a severely painful arthritis caused by high levels of uric acid in the body over a long period of time, forming uric crystals. These uric crystals tend to stick to the bones in the joints. If the uric crystals stick to the bones like this. There will be no symptoms at all until some of them fall off into the joints. A large number of white blood cells will come to deal with the fallen parts. Causing inflammation of the joints. Therefore, keeping the uric acid in our bodies in a normal range is very important in preventing gout.

So where does the uric acid in our body come from? In fact, more than 80% of the uric acid in our body comes from within our own body. The remaining 20% ​​comes from the food we eat. The kidneys are responsible for expelling excess uric acid through urine. From various medical studies, it is known that the main cause of “high uric acid” is the kidneys not being able to expel uric acid properly. Eating foods that cause excessively high uric acid is only a secondary cause.

The main causes of poor kidney excretion of uric acid are due to 2 issues:

– Insulin (a hormone that helps control blood sugar) is too high. Which prevents the kidneys from excreting uric acid, which is found in “obese” people.

– Rarely found “genetic” abnormalities

So, to summarize, the prevention of gout that we can all do is to control our weight and not eat foods that raise uric acid too much.

Finally, for those who have or are at risk of high uric acid levels, a recent study found that “ drinking just one glass of low-fat milk a day can reduce gout by more than 40%.” The mechanism by which milk can reduce gout so remarkably is because milk contains a protein called “casein.” When it passes through the intestines, it is converted into an amino acid called “alanine” and then enters the body. This “alanine” itself helps the kidneys excrete uric acid more efficiently.

In addition, Dr. Aki also explained that in reality, uric acid is not always harmful because uric acid is an important antioxidant in the body. It acts to inhibit cell degeneration in the body, helps tissues function normally, and also plays an important role in preventing cancer. However, be careful not to let uric acid in the body be too high.

Although the medical profession has not yet confirmed that drinking milk can help cure gout. It can at least help relieve and enhance the body’s efficient uric acid elimination process. From research that took more than 12 years to collect statistics. It was found that those who suffer from gout who drink milk every day will be able to reduce the uric acid in their blood to a normal level. This is because milk contains substances that help expel uric acid through the kidneys, effectively reducing the ยูฟ่าเบท https://ufabet999.app level of uric acid in the blood. In addition, milk also contains other nutrients that are necessary for the body.

It is not necessary that we drink only ‘milk’ to relieve gout. Other products made from milk can also be consumed, such as yogurt, sour milk, which are effective. Except for soy milk and soybean milk, which are not considered milk that helps relieve gout. As for drinking only 1 glass of milk a day, it is considered sufficient. For those who are allergic to milk, they can find milk that is specially produced for those who are allergic to cow’s milk.