- Residue of feces It can happen to people of all genders and ages. Even those who are in good health or who stool every day but not completely stool. It may be caused by straining to defecate incorrectly or may be caused by the habit of holding back stool.
- fecal residue If left for a long time until it becomes stuck and accumulates This results in more severe constipation, abdominal distension, a feeling of having a lot of wind, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and breathing difficulties.
- Taking laxatives can result in intestinal addiction. or drug-resistant intestines and must continually increase the amount of laxative use Until no matter how much I use it, it can’t be taken.
Bowel problems are nothing to be ashamed of. But it is an important issue that affects various organs within the body and may be a warning sign of dangerous diseases such as colon cancer. If neglected and not paid attention to, it may become a chronic problem. That can affect daily life as well.
fecal residue It may start with constipation.
With the economy, food, and daily living habits of people today Resulting in constipation problems (Constipation), which is found in more than 30 percent of the general public. and is often found in the elderly Including being found in women 2 times more than men.
Medically, constipation refers to a condition in which bowel movements are difficult. It may take a long time to push out. The number of bowel movements is less than 3 times a week. Each bowel movement is not much. It looks like a hard pellet. I feel uncomfortable and tight in my stomach, like I can’t empty my stomach.
However, if constipation has been present for more than 3 months or if constipation is found along with other warning symptoms such as weight loss, blood in the stool. Constipation alternating with diarrhea Make your bowel movements smaller. You should see a doctor for diagnosis and treatment. This is because although constipation is not a serious disease, But it can be a warning sign of other serious diseases, such as colon cancer. Especially those with a history of direct relatives having colon cancer. or starting to have constipation when you are over 50 years old
In addition to constipation Bowel problems can occur to people of all genders and ages. or even healthy people, is a condition of faecal retention
Get to know the condition of feces remaining
Dr. Anupong Tangarunsanti Doctor specialized in gastrointestinal diseases Specializing in acid reflux and constipation, Samitivej Sukhumvit Hospital stated that fecal matter remains It is a condition in which the feces cannot be completely expelled, causing residue to remain within the intestines. If left for a long time until the stool sticks tightly When there is new stool, old stool cannot be expelled. The stool becomes hard and stuck and cannot leave the intestines. This results in severe constipation, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, shortness of breath, tightness in the stomach, and a feeling of having a lot of wind.
Causes of fecal retention
Residue of feces It can happen to people of all genders and ages. Even people who are healthy or stool every day for the following reasons ยูฟ่าเบท https://ufabet999.com:
- Straining to defecate in the wrong way, such as straining to defecate while breathing in and pulling in the stomach.
- holding back stool The patient may have pain in stool during the trip. during the meeting or various situations Until he had to hold back his stool and couldn’t go to the bathroom while he was in pain.
- Elderly or chronically ill people that moves little
- Eat high-fat foods such as red meat or foods that are difficult to digest and lack fiber, including foods that cause bloating and distension.
- lack of exercise
- Drink a little water
- People who have had surgery frequently until the intestines become fibrous There are nooks and crannies for feces to remain.
Symptoms of fecal retention
If a large amount of feces remains and is left for a long time. May cause many abnormalities to the body as follows:
- Abdominal pain, bloating, distension, abdominal discomfort
- nausea vomiting
- It takes a lot of force to push out the stool.
- Feeling like the stool is incomplete or the stool does not completely empty the stomach
- There is blood in the stool.
- Frequent urination due to pressure on the bladder
- lower back pain
- Shortness of breath, half breathing You must breathe deeply at all times.
- Eat very little food, lose appetite
- Bitter throat, sour belching, and farting throughout the day.
- Tired, can’t sleep
How to prevent the condition “Foot residue”
- Practice bowel movement every day. Especially in the morning after waking up, around 5-7 a.m., which is the best time.
- Practice straining to defecate properly. By sitting on the toilet bowl and bending forward slightly. In the case where the feet do not reach the ground or if they are children There should be a footrest. To exert force to push out stool better
- For people who have difficulty excreting How to empty your stomach You may use your hand to press on the lower left side of your abdomen while having a bowel movement to help encourage better bowel movement.
- Reduce foods that are high in fat. Increase the intake of foods that are high in fiber, such as vegetables and fruits.
- Drink enough water
- Absolutely do not hold back your stool. You should have a bowel movement as soon as you feel pain.
- If you still don’t have stool pain but need to go outside. You should not try to push while you are not in pain. due to forceful straining of the stool It stimulates and increases pressure in the intestines. If done frequently, it may cause the intestines to bulge. Hemorrhoids can occur.
- In case of constipation You should eat more foods that contain probiotics, such as fermented milk and fermented tea.
- Practice breathing correctly. By breathing in with a bloated stomach Exhale, stomach flattens
- You should not strain while pushing.
- Get up and move your body after eating. To help the intestines compress and the stomach digests food better
- Exercise regularly
- Consult a doctor for a diagnosis. and treat correctly and efficiently
Treatment of fecal retention
After diagnosis The doctor will treat you with various methods such as enemas, suppositories, or laxatives. In cases where it is found that the patient has severe symptoms Surgery may be considered to remove stool from the intestines. But this is a very rare case.
However, patients should absolutely not buy laxatives to take on their own. This is because taking certain types of laxatives may result in intestinal addiction. or drug-resistant intestines and must continually increase the amount of laxative use Until no matter how much I use it, it can’t be taken. This is a disadvantage of using laxatives without finding the cause. Therefore, if symptoms of fecal retention are found, you should see a doctor immediately. To make a diagnosis and receive targeted treatment This is due to purchasing laxatives to take by yourself for a long period of time. It will make treatment more difficult. Medication must be adjusted. or must use a combination of treatment methods
Incontinence and improper bowel movement may result in fecal retention. Even for healthy adults Exercise regularly and pay attention to your health. Therefore, if you find that your excretion has changed. or have symptoms such as constipation, dizziness, nausea, loss of appetite, etc., you should see a specialist doctor immediately. to make an accurate diagnosis and continue to receive correct and appropriate treatment